Brand Name: Nalgesic
500 mg Tablet
Each tablet contains:
Paracetamol, USP………………………………….500 mg
Paracetamol (Nalgesic) comes with white round shape tablet, plain on both sides.
WHAT IS IN THE MEDICINE?
Each tablet of Nalgesic contains Paracetamol which exhibits analgesic action by peripheral blockage of pain impulse generation and also produces antipyresis by inhibiting the hypothalamic heat-regulating centre. Its weak anti-inflammatory activity is related to inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis in the CNS.
WHAT IS THIS MEDICINE USED FOR?
Paracetamol (Nalgesic) is used for mild to moderate pain and fever.
HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THIS MEDICINE?
Take 1 to 2 tablets with glassful of water every 4 to 6 hours, as needed for pain and/or fever or as directed by a doctor. May be taken with or without food.
WHEN SHOULD YOU NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE?
• Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to any of its ingredient or if with anemia, cardiac and pulmonary disease.
• If with hepatic or severe renal disease.
CARE THAT SHOULD BE TAKEN WHEN TAKING THIS MEDICINE?
• Avoid using more than the recommended dose unless advised by a doctor.
• Avoid using this product after its expiration date.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Special precaution to patient with chronic alcoholism, known G6PD deficiency, severe hypovolaemia, chronic malnutrition and renal and hepatic impairment. Pregnancy and lactation.
- Ask a doctor before taking this medicine if you have liver disease.
- Severe liver damage may occur if paracetamol is taken more than 4 g within 24 hour
(maximum daily amount).
WHAT OTHER MEDICINE OR FOOD SHOULD BE AVOIDED WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICINE?
Below are the following drug and/or food interactions with this medicinal product that must be avoided.
• May reduce the blood serum levels with anticonvulsants (e.g. phenytoin, barbiturates, carbamazepine).
• May enhance the anticoagulant effect of warfarin and other coumarins with prolonged use. Accelerated
absorption of Paracetamol with metoclopramide and domperidone.
• May increase blood serum levels with probenecid and chloramphenicol.
• May reduce absorption of Paracetamol with cholestyramine within 1 hour of administration.
• May cause severe hypothermia with phenothiazine. Also, alcohol may increase risk of hepatotoxicity.
Always tell your doctor about the other medicine/s you are taking.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU MISS A DOSE?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule if still needed for the condition being treated. Do not take double dose.
HOW SHOULD YOU KEEP THIS MEDICINE?
Store at temperatures not exceeding 30°C.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
WHEN SHOULD YOU CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR?
• Consult your doctor if you have illness/es or condition/s where this product is inadvisable to be used.
• Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, before using this product.
• Immediately contact your doctor, if any of the mentioned undesirable effects are experienced and/or cannot be tolerated.
• If no improvement in symptoms or new symptoms have developed.
Seek medical attention at the first sign of any adverse drug reaction.
(Nalgesic) 500 mg tablet is available in box of 10’s SRP Php 25.00
(Nalgesic) 30’s (in blister pack of 10’s) SRP Php 75.00